Besides pinstriping, glass polishing, wheel refinishing, plastic welding, vinyl window polishing, parts restoration, parts locating, sound proofing, ceramic coating, powder coating, cookie baking and etcetera, we also do polishing.
This is a trunk trim piece off a 1971 Plymouth Valiant, yes, my car. The wider flat sections were black from the factory, however, I wanted the ball milled area to be black and the wider flat sections to be polished. I started out using a 2000 grit sand paper and sanding the while piece. Then I used a pick hammer and knocked out all the dents from the back side. I followed up with 2500 grit sand paper and then I polished the whole piece with different buffing compounds. After polishing, I used my pinstripe brush to paint the ball milled area's black.
The picture on the left shows the top as original and the bottom after sanding with 2000 grit sand paper. The picture on the right is the completed piece.
I think it turned out awesome. If you're interested in having a trim piece like this, or any other trim piece restored, give us a shout at 616-914-4234.
No comments:
Post a Comment